Ok, I'll take a stab at this week's Friday Five.
1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?
February 2003. Sitting on a plane in Chicago just about to take off for the flight back home. The flight attendant announces the flight destination just before the door are about to close. Suddenly, the Arab American sitting behind me jumps up realizing he's on the wrong flight and rushes off the plane.
The flight is of course delayed while things are investigated. The seat where he was sitting is checked over several times by the flight attendant and then the pilot. Several passengers around me are talking about having the plane evacuated so that a thorough search can be done. About an hour later, we take off without incident.
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
I'd spend several months touring Europe.
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
Train. I like to see the scenery going by, but I hate having to drive to see it.
5. What's the next place on your list to visit?