This week's Friday Five.
1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
Hmm, there are several. Stevie Nicks, Gloria Estefan, Amy Grant, Sting...hard to choose between them. I love Stevie Nicks' voice, Gloria Estefan's music, Sting because he's just cool, and Amy Grant because I find her music very inspiring.
2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
Marilyn Manson...He just strikes me as such an act and poseur. I dunno why.
3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
If they weren't in the music business, it's likely I would never have heard of them. But if their non-music star personality would have been anything like their music star personality (at least what personality comes filtered through the media), then I probably would still like them.
4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
I've only been to one concert, an Amy Grant concert sometime back in the mid 80s. It was a good show.
5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music?
I'm generally against downloading pirated music online. All of my music has been purchased, either new or used. Lately most of it has been used, because new CDs are so horribly overpriced. I'm definitely against RIAA's strong arm tactics against music downloaders. I don't think it does anything except polarize people against the RIAA and the music companies they represent.