My wife and I are completely and totally the opposite of each other. It's a wonder that we get along as well as we do.
- My wife is a social butterfly and people person. I am not.
- She likes going out clubbing and dancing. I hate clubs, and have no rhythm at all.
- She likes eating out at fancy restaurants. I just want to go to the burger place down the road.
- Physics turns me on. It turns her off.
- I like playing outdoors and doing outdoorsy things. She can't stand being anywhere bugs might land on her.
- She likes to plan and schedule everything. I have a hard time planning what I'm going to be doing in 10 minutes.
- I cook experimentally and throw together whatever happens to be on hand. She wants to stick with the recipe.
- She waffles. When I make a decision, I'm committed unless there's a good reason to make me change my mind.
- I'm a pack rat. She's forever looking to throw away my stuff.
Despite all that, we still manage to get along amazingly well and have been for the past 11 years. Rather than thinking of us as being total opposites, I prefer to think of us as being very complementary.