Went to see X-Men 3 last night. While my feelings were mixed, overall I enjoyed the movie. It was mostly non-stop action with plenty of CG effects. Those who are easily offended by deviations from the established canon will probably be better off skipping this movie because there are alot of them, and some of them are pretty major.
Lots of new characters that should be familliar to X-Men fans are introduced although not in any meaningful role. They appear more as cameos than anything else which left me wanting more. It was like the writers were trying to say to X-Men fans, "Look at these characters from the comic. See, we've actually read it, but what do we do with them?"
- Finally get to see Storm kick some ass
- Get to see Wolverine really kick some ass
- Kitty Pride and Colossus have a more prominent role
- The Danger Room
- Sometimes a little too much going on that distracts from the main plot
- Warren Worthington/Angel
- Magneto's Brotherhood was more like a camp of brigands than anything else
Stick around for the end of the credits
3.5 stars out of 5.