I think I've managed to work out all the DB induced problems I was having, so after running the last few betas and RC versions without any problems on the test blog, I decided to switch my production blog over to MT4. The upgrade went off without a hitch and the templates rebuilt without any error messages. So far so good. I don't expect any more breakage, and the known issues list has gotten pretty short now.
Haven't made any changes to the templates yet, so the blog will look the same for now. Template work begins next. There are a lot of new MT tags that I'm interested in putting to work.
Everything should be functioning normally, but you discover anything broken, let me know.
Update: Excuse the breakage. I'm running into a few things with RC3 that I didn't encounter with the test version.
Error accessing the archive templates:Fixed after cleaning out the plugins directory, something I forgot to do earlier.
Can't call method "archive_label" on unblessed reference at lib/MT/App/CMS.pm line 5692.
Individual entry archives are broken:Fixed after removing the MTTinyTuring tag from the template. Hopefully a new MT4 version of the plugin comes out soon.
Smarty error: [in mt:355 line 170]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'mttinyturing' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 580)
- Category archive dropdown list is gone from the sidebar
- Category archives are busted. The pages appear, but they're either empty or there's only one entry that shows. I bet it's plugin related (catx.pl).